Joshua Group Scholarship Program
One of Joshua Group's first dropout prevention programs was the Student Opportunity Scholarship Fund (SOS Fund). Today, the Joshua Group provides scholarships to help more than 70 low-income K-12 city students attend a private school as a Joshua student, part of our most intensive academic program. With these scholarships, academically and socially at-risk youth are given a chance to set higher educational goals than they thought possible, as well as receive the extra academic support they need to have a better chance of being successful in school. Upon receiving a Joshua scholarship, students are required to participate in our academic after-school program at the Joshua Learning Center.
Joshua Group Scholarship Program Successes
- Joshua K-12 students attending private school achieved a promotion/graduation rate of 98 percent.
- Joshua Group staff members are in our students’ school regularly to communicate with faculty and administrators about our Joshua students’ attendance, behavior and academic progress.
- Over 90 percent of Joshua students receiving scholarships come from families earning less than $25,000 annually.
- Over 20 Joshua students are in college. None of them would be there without the help and support they found in the Joshua Group's private school program.
- Recent graduates of our program have enjoyed success at schools including Shippensburg University, Kutztown University, West Chester University, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, Lock Haven University, and Harrisburg Area Community College.